Plumbing issues and blocked drains may start as minor issues but can quickly escalate into huge problems. Blocked drains are not just huge inconveniences in your home; they are downright disgusting and may result in odour-inducing problems for your household. Blocked drains are a pain in the neck, that needs to be avoided at all cost, and without adequate care, the chances are that it will result in other complicating issues.
Drains may often seem to clog at the least expected period, especially when you have a full house with overnight guests or a big party. However, while you may not find it difficult to stop a clogged drain, there are steps and guidelines you can take to prevent some blocked drains and nasty backups. Here is a list of the most common things that could cause blocked drains, as well as helpful tips to prevent them:
Do you need professional blocked drains services in London? We have got you covered.
- Toilet paper: As unrealistic as it may sound, toilet paper may often result in a blocked drain. Too much toilet paper may clog your drains and in fact, stop your toilets from flushing. In cases, where water can still run through your toilet when flushed, you can utilise a plunger to shift and dissolve some of the tissue paper, to ensure easy passage of water through your drain. However, there are other cases where your toilet may fill up after taking precautions, in such scenario, blocked drain services in London will be more appropriate in fixing the blockage.
- Hair build up: We've seen it all before; hair can generally clog your drain. Often, it is quite easy to remove the hair from the drain, but if perfect care and caution is not taken immediately, it can result to a number of issues down the line. Small amounts of hair can be removed from your drain, by pulling it out with gloved hands. If after applying the above-listed solutions you still encounter the problems, it would be best to speak to blocked drain services in London specialist near you.
- Soap: You may be wondering how soap can lead to a blocked drain. The grease used in some soaps, combined with some minerals in the water, may leave a sticky and thick residue that can block the drain and stain the bath fittings. To prevent such inconveniences, it is essential to have your pipes constantly cleaned to remove traces of soap buildup.
- Dirt: Dirt is known to clog drains easily. Although we often believe drains are for washing just anything away, however, while you are focused on getting excess dirt off your body or your clothes, it can easily build up and may result to some plumbing issues. It is ideal to rinse off excess dirt or mud from your clothes and body outside before washing them inside.
- Food waste: Kitchen is a key area prone to blocked drains. Food substances should never go down the drain. Instead, arrange for a composition pile to get rid of every food substance.
- Small objects: Small objects like children toys can sometimes, find their way into your drains, which may result in some blockages. Ideally, only water, human waste and toilet paper should be allowed to go down the toilet, while other objects should be disposed appropriately in the trash or recycled. If any object should find their way into your plumbing supply, the chances are that you may need a professional plumber to get it fixed.
- Construction materials: Painting or building materials should be kept away from your drains, as they can easily clog your drains.
Blocked drains are essential issues in every home. However, it is important to keep your drains neat, to ensure things are running smoothly within your home. Having a trusted plumber to help out in case things goes out of hands is quite essential.
Call us today or send a mail for all your plumbing worries!